Bounty Hunter Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunter's Refuge RP

3 posters

Go down

Hunter's Refuge RP Empty Hunter's Refuge RP

Post by Ildris Elgar Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Ildris leaned back in his pilot seat. Pulling off his hat and hunting gloves, he gave thought to his future plans.

"I'm going to make a station, make ships. I'm going to sell ships. I'm going to need raw materials, and then datacards. Hmm. I'll need a supplier for those things. I know one person. I'll talk it over with Ta."

Ildris got on the holoprojecter and called up his buddy Ta. "Ta, got a question for you. Let me know when you have a moment."
Ildris Elgar
Ildris Elgar

Back to top Go down

Hunter's Refuge RP Empty Re: Hunter's Refuge RP

Post by Uncle Shimie Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:30 pm

The Wookie slammed the hatch shut.  The acceleration dampers were on the fritz again.  Every time the Kashyyyk Nights was thrown into a dive, Ta felt a rise in his internal organs.  One of two things was bound to happen.  One, one of these days he was going to push his YT1300 into a dive and his massive skull would crush the proximity alert controls.  Or two, he was going to need to clean a lot of acid-ridden meat from the console.  He had avowed never again.  So, here he was hunked over the grill next to the storage lockers in the engineering bay.  There was a faint acrid smell of electrical smoke in the air.

He looked over his work.  Well, there's only one way to tell.  He stowed the toolkit in the nearest storage locker and lumbered through the lounge area and down the corridor to the cockpit.  He seated himself in the pilot's chair, his head lightly brushing a small scalp on a string, a keepsake to remind him of his first hunt as a young Wookie on Kashyyyk.  He looked over the controls, plotted a course through the outer reaches of the Derra system and punched it.

He reached up for the maneuvering controls when a blinking light caught his attention.  He double checked scanners.  Nothing but empty space for a million K's in every direction.  Should probably answer that before I try this.  I can hit the refresher later.  He checked the course headings one more time and then headed aft to the technical station at the end of the corridor.  There was a hypercomm waiting.  Probably Simi needing some advice on how to cook something.  Togruta...

Ta keyed the comm.  The holo-projector flickered into view and there was Ta's good friend, Ildris.  Ildris was being trained in the ways of the Force.  He had a connection to life that Wookies both respected and somewhat envied.

Ildris' visage spoke.  Ta, got a question for you. Let me know when you have a moment.  Curious.

Ta swung the console chair around and took the seat.  He keyed his comm on.  Friend.  I am here.  Just making a few repairs on the Night.  What is it that you want?

Uncle Shimie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ildris Elgar Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:05 pm

Ildrrs' eyes open and his face regained its usual focus just as he completed an hour on fine-tuning his connection to The Force. He was adjusting to the dim ruby glow of the cockpit lights as the first visual alert, which preceded the sonic one by half a minute, came up indicating a holotransmission.

As the familiar, shaggy face of the first Wookie who had befriended him came into view, Ildris smiled and opened activated his own visual transmitter so Ta could see his face as well. He kept the option to do sound-only when dealing with unknown callers, as his cover was quite important to him. In fact, he had a vocal modulator and 3D simulator installed, so as to appear as someone else when the situation demanded it.

"Hello, my friend Ta. I hope I hadn't interrupted anything mission critical, like the last time I called. I certainly don't ever want to keep your ship from being at its best. You knownIntry to keep the chitchat to a minimum when you're working."

"Now, I have a business proposal to make you," he said, his face taking on its negotiator look, but the effect was spoiled a bit by the smirk he wore when someone was to know he wasn't really all-business, at least not with them.

"I know a woman who is a friend to me, as well as BHG and Ermine Nozual, whom I'm sure you know heads the BHG. They co-own a planet, Vjun, in the Nuiri system. I have my rifleman company 2 trained up to highest form there at their Visitir Center. She's going to be bring them onboard my Lambda shuttle for me.

"Now, she's a very skilled prospector, and there's room on that planet for what I would consider a decent, income-earning city. They would own the city, but the facilities be my own. They have some of the materials I'd need, though our lady Friday, just my term for someone who can do anything, Simi, could perhaps pick up the other needed RMS for us."

"We could build something for making easy money. What do you think? It's nowhere near the Hideout, in an unaffiliated neutral space. This lady could also handle other matters for us, time to time. Possibly things that require different skills than Simi's. For instance, she knows Veritas and might be able to arrange some anonymous publicity. She wouldn't need to know anything about BHF, of course. Just me, and maybe you.

"Take your time and mull it over, the. let me know what you think." Ildris sat back, put his feet up on the next exquisitely tasteful and cushioned captains' chair, as though he was a simple scoundrel knowing nothing of etiquette, which belied his innate sense of protocol and propriety, one of his business asserts.

"How're the repairs coming? Is the Kashyyk Nights back up to your expectations yet?" smirking in a friendly way.
Ildris Elgar
Ildris Elgar

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Shimie Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:24 pm

How're the repairs coming? Is the Kashyyyk Nights back up to your expectations yet?

My Friend goads me.  Fine.  Ta adjusted the camera to focus in closer on his face.  Well, my Friend.  Nothing to fear since you are not here.  That should get him.  Seriously.  I will know shortly if the repairs I have affected to the ship have been sufficient or if they will require extended shampoo and grooming.

Ta leaned back in the chair, crossing his lengthy arms behind his head as he reclined.  As to the 'business' proposition.  I think it a wise investment.  However, I do not see the need to include me.  I am humbled by your wish to include me.  But I do not concern myself with material things beyond that which I require to close a contract.

Ta made as though he were looking to see if anyone were watching him and then leaned close.  Besides, you sound like you don't need me in the way when Simi breaks your heart.  He leaned away again, chuffling.  She has a heart of gold and the sass to match.  I wish you fortune in your venture, both the city and the dame.

Ta reached over to grab his crafting kit and began to fabricate yet another keycard, looking up askance.  So, what exactly do you plan on erecting to provide you with your fortune?

Uncle Shimie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ildris Elgar Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:00 pm

Smart guy, that Ta... Glad we've gotten to know each other. Won't rise to bait, level-headed, spars it right back... Just the kind of guy you could use in a tight spot. I'm not surprised.

Ildris looks down at his lap and  shakes his head a bit.

Well, it's not like I meant to drop the hydrospanner on your head. I don't exactly do repairs in the cramped spaces in light freighters all that often. But, I'll take full responsibility, it's just not every day that I see a call on the holo with Simi's pretty face on it. I can't say I'm immune to her sunny side.

I wonder if we will be able to find contracts. It seems there haven't been many calls. I'm not really interested in helping the empire with any of their targets on an ideological level. They're just foul. 5M for any Jedi is just disgusting. It's like they want any non-Sith Force users to just go eat blaster bolts.

Well, I'll sign off for now. Now I've got this huge frigate, gotta start with the blast doors, starting with entrance and bays, then the cockpit, eh?

Leaving the comm on, Ildris did some installations. After heating himself up one of those ready-to-eat meals, he thought And they say, 'it never gets old.' Welp, it does get old, in fact!

Ildris finished his meal, had a nip of Whyren's Reserve, his favorite Corellian whiskey.

Hearing nothing from his buddy for awhile, Ildris tapped the comm again. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Giving in to his fears, for once, Ildris considered the possibilities. Pensive, he looked out the expansive canopy from the open cockpit of the Battleship Epsilon: Thor, his Ardent-Class Fast Frigate.

Well, he's either sitting in the Bacta Tank after having gotten his fur fried trying to fix the hyperdrive, or... he's really done it and air-locked himself outside of the Kashyyyk Nights. I certainly hope it's the former. I'd hate it if something happened to him.

When the comm finally came to life again. Ildris smiled. Phew!... wait, did I just crack a Wookie joke in my head?

Last edited by Ildris Elgar on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ildris Elgar
Ildris Elgar

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Shimie Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:47 pm

My friend, a Fast Frigate? I thought you of all sentients would appreciate simplicity. Ta loved chiding Ildris. I suppose we all must have our foibles, even Jedi.

He leaned back in the seat again. No, I suppose there will not be many calls at this early juncture, my Friend. But we will be patient. Before long the Hunters will claim their former glory as a force to be reckoned with. You shall see.

Ta stood, adjusting the camera up to capture his face for one last transmission. You work on your blast doors. When one comes down on your head, I will be sure to send Simi to nurse you back to health. As for me, I have a date with a hard dive sans upchuck. This is Ta, signing off. May the Force be with you, my Friend.

And with that he flipped the switch on the comm and loped through the ship to the cockpit and settled into the pilot's chair. He rechecked the readings. Still on course and open space. Well, here goes nothing. Ta thrust forward the maneuvering controls and threw the Kashyyyk Nights into a steep dive. No head bashing on the ceiling. No rise of gorge. He evened the ship out and changed course for Derra IV. Job well done, self. Now, The Hunt!

Uncle Shimie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ildris Elgar Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:08 pm

Ildris just couldn't install another door. Even with Whyren's Reserve helping him to cope with the ennui, it was clear he wasn't going to stay cooped up this way for much longer.

Blast it, I've got to go outside. Fortunately, the Thor had just come out of atmosphere on a patch of ground. Derra IV. The only place in the Galaxy where you could find every kind of creature a hunter would ever wish to hunt.

I know one clear way to cure a headache, a hangover, and a heavy heart... The Hunt!

However Simi was never far from his mind. Since catching his eye in the holo transmissions through which they transacted business, Ildris was smitten. It wasn't just a passing fancy, either. Hooked was a better word for it. The Togruta wasn't just lovely, she was feisty and funny and all kinds of great to talk to. He would never be able to tell the Wookie, though he didn't know that Ta hadn't already guessed as much. Ta seemed to see more than he let on.

Blam..... Blam! Blam! The huge reptomammalian Akk dogs were supposed to be Force Sensitive Jedi companion animals, if Ildris' Jedi training taught him anything. Perhaps there is some negative energy nexus in the the core of this planet. Even creatures such as this have a killer instinct and ravenous appetites. Poor things, they don't know what lives they might have led. Yet, it's a mercy to kill them. It took Ildris hours and hours just to take one or two of them down. Perhaps today, he would kill the third of the great trio. They kept him on his toes, though.

By the time the hunt was over, three Akk dogs lay dead. You know what? I think it's even hard to forget about her this way. I'm going to try something different for a while.

Ildris went on to his holo recorder and sent a recorded message to Ta and Simi.

Ta, Simi? I'm going to do a project for somebody for a bit. I'll be back when it's over. Holler if you need anything, and I'll be back in a jiffy. I've got a very fast Sprint equipped with Bacta Tanks, in case the need is urgent and medical, docked in on the Thor, so don't be afraid to ask. I think I'll probably be back in the Derra system to hunt in a week, two, or three at the most. I'm going to try my hand at building for awhile. Gotta get my mind cleared up - there's been something on it that I just can't shake. Nothing to worry about. I'll be back, I promise.

Ildris sighed, eyeing the ground, and then shook his head. He climbed back onboard, up two flights to the cockpit, and punched the buttons. Here goes nothin.'
Ildris Elgar
Ildris Elgar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shameless Huzzy Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:39 pm

Simi steered the Hunter's Haul away from Chamm.  She was deep in Imperial space, running yet another errand for her Wookie friend and cohort, Ta Yol.  This time it is speeders.  Before it was a sniper rifle, then yet another ship.  What's next, a Wampa's Toe?

Simi would be free of Chamm II's gravity well in about 30 minutes so, checking for traffic (which was surprisingly light this close to the core) she stepped away from the controls and headed aft to the comm station near the bridge blast doors.  She noticed a blinking light.  Shaggy needs a new pair of fuzzy slippers?

It was Ildris.  Work kept getting in the way.  It seemed to Simi as though the flirting had hooked Ildris.  She did not mind.  However, work always seemed to intervene as the two had not had the opportunity to meet face to face.  Ildris still owes me that mug of Caf and some Denubba Nocht-berry pastries.

Her brows furrowed as she listened.  Building?  Something on his mind?  Can't shake it?  Three weeks?

This message was a day old.  Simi keyed up the recorder and took a deep breath.  Hey, there, big guy.  She flashed her best smile to put Ildris at ease.  You think this excuse is going to get you out of our date?  I thought better of you than that.  She part turned, lowered her head and looked up slightly at the camera.  You know, Shaggy will have me running off somewhere else about the time you return, don't you?  But don't worry.

She leaned in almost intimately.  I can be patient when I think it will be worth the wait.  See you then, Ildris.  And with that, she cut the comm and pounded the send queue.  A red light blinked, turned green and then extinguished.

And again we wait Simi said aloud to no one in particular.  She turned and strode back to the helm, humming a light and airy tune...
Shameless Huzzy
Shameless Huzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ildris Elgar Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:58 am

A spell of days passed on the surface. The green plains, jungles, and cities of Derra IV were gradually beginning to leave an impression on his mind - where natural beauty was only occasionally interrupted by city life. The planet was continually being overrun by new creatures - so fecunt was it, that one might only return to an area after a short time, and more creatures were there. And the bandits kept cropping up like gundarks on parked freighter. A loose stone gathers no moss...

Stepping out of his KAM, the sun hovered just over the grassy plains. The jawa juice he followed the water with was not yet stale the way it got after a week out of his frigate. Has it really been a week since I left the ship? Good thing I invested in that Z-58-0 to keep an eye out. Haven't heard anything for awhile - probably should just check back.

A shot from a Stouker Concussion Rifle rang out - he didn't need to be at near point-blank range to know it from its sound. The bandit leading the squad, whose dog tags later identified him as "Kytra Nartano," shot at Ildris with neither warning or attempt at parley. Ducking instantly, Ildris realized that his mind was not with the living Force, but dwelling on someone or something. Someone..

Closing his eyes momentarily, he gathered himself, and called his team to redouble its vigilance. After a moment of concentration, he directed his macros to the general vicinity from where the shots originated. Finally, he spotted them. Using hand signals, his team directed their fire back without delay.

A moment's lapse in concentration is all it takes. That's what his CorSec sergeant always used to say.

After the fight, Ildris boarded Ta-Bitjet KAM to return the Thor. Returning, he finally washed and ate, and got back to the holo console. There was the message from Simi, just as he had expected. He put on the lounge music, poured himself a drink, and unwound as the frigate returned to the surface for a rendez-vous. He decided he'd just wait for her return as a surprise. All of this waiting rattled his nerves. Making a decision, he opened the connection. [i]Simi. I couldn't leave after all. I called off the building deal. I was just looking for some distraction from all of this waiting. Your Caf and Denubba Nocht-berry pastries await you. I'm going to wait in orbit until you arrive. I've added a little stop for you to get a thing or two - the coordinates will follow. You may not know it, but I'm not a bad chef. Bring me anything you want cooked for you, or I'll improvise. The hunting's been good here, and I've got spices and specialties here from Tattooine to Tyne's Horkey.[i]
Ildris Elgar
Ildris Elgar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down